For the Crispy Kale Chips
- 1 large bunch of kale
- Good quality olive oil
- Sea salt
For the Sesame Scallops
- 6 jumbo sea scallops (dry packed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
To cook the crispy kale chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, toss kale with olive oil.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until crispy.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt and set aside.
To cook the sesame scallops
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil and soy sauce.
- Pour over scallops, coat each one and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Dip each scallop in sesame seed and black pepper mix.
- Sear scallops for 1 1/2 minutes over medium high heat, DO NOT MOVE, LET THEM COOK, and then flip and sear for 1 1/2 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately over crispy kale chips.
This amazing recipe courtesy of The Pescetarian and the Pig